Dollar Point members welcome visitors to our community in the Lake Tahoe basin.
We encourage all visitors to be informed, safe and to be good neighbors while visiting.
Please review the information below on DPA access policies, the Renter FAQ along with the resource links to the right. We encourage all to arrive prepared for fire safety, bear safety and to be respectful of our community while visiting.
Placer County provides tips on good neighbor practices along with rules for short term rentals. Please review the links to the right to understand the expectations for visitors.
We hope any visit will be fun, safe and rewarding.
2021 Access for Short Term Renters
The DPA access policy elements for the 2021 season (Jan 1 through Dec 31) are:
- DPA facilities are accessible only by members, DPA member family, extended member family as defined in the DPA rules and their escorted guests.
- Short Term Renters of DPA member homes are not allowed access to DPA facilities.
The DPA 2021 access policy for the season (Jan 1 through Dec 31) was announced to the membership by the DPA Board on January 21, 2020. The purpose of announcing the policy change early was to enable all members who rent their homes to align rental contracts and listings with the new policy.
Access for Long Term Renters
A member may choose to relinquish their access privileges to the lessee and give up the right of access during the lease period. For the long-term tenant’s access, 30 or more days as defined by the DPA rules and regulations, the member must present the lease agreement to the DPA office and the lessee must present themselfs to the DPA for photo ID. During the lease period the member and their family will not have access (or access cards) while their tenant’s DPA access is in place.
Renter Frequently Asked Questions
Q: We are renting a home in Dollar Point, where can I find more information on access to DPA pool, beach, pier or tennis courts.
- A: DPA facilities are for members only. Please contact the property manager or home owner/member with any questions about North Tahoe recreation facilities.
Q: What recreational facilities are available in the North Tahoe basin.
- A: See the North Tahoe Visitors link below for activities information.
Q: While renting a home in Dollar Point, can space be reserved at any of the facilities? (pool, beach, tennis)
- A: No. DPA facilities are for members only.
Q: Are Dollar Point buoys available for rent?
- A: No. Buoys are for members only.
Q: Are kayaks and paddleboards at the beach available for rent?
- A: No. The equipment stored at the DPA beach belongs to our members and is not available for rent.